Friday, October 9, 2009

Autumn Days... and Happy Firday! :)


Hi everyone... are you ready for the weekend? It sure is autumn in Minnesota. The leaves have bright colors, especially the maples, and we had our first killing frost last night. I said my final good-bye's to my flowers and gardens. Tomorrows high is 37 degrees... burr!

The two cards I have to share tonight are from SU! workshops and Julie's card class. The first card was for my hubby's birthday... he LOVES to hunt! To get the effect on the Top Note we took sponges and daubers to add the colorful background. Then stamped the images over. I embossed "Happy Birthday" and "Wish Big".

On the second card we stamped the turkey 3 times in 3 different colors and cut sections out to layer over the main image. It's hard to see in the photo, but it does give some depth. And I just received my Modern Label Punch... O' what fun! :)

Have a super evening! And enjoy the fall air, fuzzy slippers, apple cider, pumpkin bread, warm chili, caramel apples.... notice I LOVE this time of year! Now to find the time to enjoy it!

SMILES... Michelle :)

10 comments:

Alberta said...

Lovin' the cards. Great colors and textures. Fabulous! I love this time of year too - especially warm clothes and hot chocolate. Oh Yeah! My hubby likes it too because he get more cuddles from me when it gets cold. LOL!

Shelley said...

Imagine my excitement! While on my site I peek at my blogroll and noticed you had posted!

Love the card you made for hubby. Will we ever get tired of the Top Note die? I think not! Love the colors and it's a perfect fit for him!

I just love this time of year, too. We'll be heading to apple orchard this week, if not this weekend! Have to go get my favorite apples...Blushing Golden. The orchard e-mailed us to say they picked them today! Yum!

Stay warm!

Rachel B said...

I was so happy to see that you had updated your blog! I love these two new cards! The top note is never ever going to go out of style! I love the sponging and I hope your husband liked it! We are harvesting here and have seen a great crop of pheasants this year! I love your turkey with its depth! I love the different colored layers! TFS

Mary J said...

Both cards are so warm and rich - really lovely! I especially love the blue you added to the turkey - brings it out beautifully!

LeAnne said...

These are just lovely, Michelle! I really like the way you layered the turkey---I have been wanting to try that! Isn't that punch fun?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh ... what a great technique ... and now I am itching to have a search through my stamp set to find some stamps that will layer well like this cute turkey!!! I almost wish it were autumn (fall) again ... you made it sound so appealing ... BUT ... I am kinda hanging out for summer now ... especially as we haven't really had ANY spring yet!!! Cool & miserable for the school hols! (Of course!!!) Hugs, Andrea xx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Terrific autumn cards. I really like the three layered turkey.

Crafty Jenn said...

Yippee! I love fall too! Granted, my fall is not nearly as cold as yours right now. One benifit of being in a coastal state I suppose!

Love the sponging on your Hubby's card. **Happy Birthday to him BTW**
The turkey is too cute! I like your new label die too. I have a list of SU! items I'll need to buy from you soon. ;)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Two more wonderful fall cards! I especially love the first one. All that sponging is truly striking.

When's Mark's birthday? Wish him a happy one for me!

And there's another punch I NEED. Ha!

I'll be emailing you as soon as I get halfway caught up after being sick for awhile.

Give Cooper a big ole scratch from yours truly.

Hugs,
Lisa

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Really autumn card! Bery beautiful!
Lovely colors and textures.
Hugs