Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Morning... Kindness!

Happy Tuesday everyone!! Today I have a "Kindness" card to share that was made at one of Julie's SU! card classes!!

First I want to inform you that the next 4 weeks or so I'll be working excessive hours and may not have very detailed cards to share. I will be posting simple and quick ones... I'm so sorry as I enjoy trying new things, but the time just won't be there to stamp as I like. I'll do my best to keep the "EYE CANDY" flowing!! :)

Now, let's get to the important stuff... the card! :) For the flower vases we used the SU! Large Oval punch with the ends cut off. Then shaded the pots with Craft White on one side and the ink to match the paper on the other side. (Click on photo to get a close up view!!) We used the SU! Boho Blossoms punch for the flower and using a white gel pen for the center. Added a stem using SU! Old Olive marker. To give more shading we used the aqua painter with Baja Breeze ink for added depth.... just so fun and springy! Gets me in the spring time mood!!

Thanks for the visit as I just {{LOVE}} it when you do my stampin' friends. Enjoy your day!!

Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Heard from the Heart Paper: SU! Whisper White, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango Ink: SU! Basic Black, Bajo Breeze, Craft White, Old Olive Marker Other: SU! Large Oval and Boho Blossoms punches, paper piercing, dimensionals, white gel pen, aqua painter, spong, etc.

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, love your cards.

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!! Sometimes the simpler cards are the best! As for your comment about having to work excessive hours in the next 4 weeks, I think you should tell your employer that you have better things to do. After all, what's more important - working or STAMPING?! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love my boho blossoms punch. You have given me another great way to use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is so stinkin cute, Michelle! I love those vases... I'll have to give that a try. And the colors are wonderful... they really pop.

Here's hoping that the month will fly by so that you can get back some of your free time and stamp more! I just wish sleep were optional. heehee

xOx Lisa

Pam Speidel said...

So sunny and cheerful! :) I absolutely love it and will have to case. Don't worry about making "simple" cards...they are the BEST! Smiles, pam :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a fabulous idea - soo effective!

Here's hoping your work won't consume you for too long!! take care of yourself in the meantime....

Lotsaluv xXx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun idea for the vases. I especially like the shading on them. Cute card.

Ann said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors and LO!

As far as your blog is concerned, #1--I love CAS cards, so that won't be a problem. #2--DON'T apologize! It's your blog. Do what YOU want. :)

Paula Barin said...

Welcome Spring... oh how I wish it were true. This card reminds me of spring. Very pretty colours. Baja Breeze is one of my favourite colours.

Karen Motz said...

EEeekkkss! This is fabulous! LOVE the bright colours and the dimensional look of the vases. It's a happy card. :)
FYI...I love quick and simple so bring on those cards.

Alberta said...

Love it! I love the simplicity of it. Your color choices are awesome. The whole card says spring. I can almost see that spring breeze rustling the flowers in their lil' pots. Too cute!

Emily said...

This card is just too adorable! Love the spring-like colors and the simplicity of it. I think the piercing really pops the picture out. I'm going to have to do some more of that on my cards.

Corie said...

Loe the 3-D effect on this card -- how cute!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - this is a beauty!!! Love the layout, design, color, flowers and the piercing!!!!

Shirley said...

Totally lovely! and so creative too!