Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm back... with TWO cards!!


Did you miss me? Sorry for having such a long absence... we had an unexpected funeral today so when we came home later this afternoon I knew I had to get in to my craft room. Also last night I posting 15 more items on eBay and didn't have much time to stamp.

My first thought for this card was to use buttons for the flowers, but realized I didn't have any colors of my DP. So I found my flower rhinestones and took a shot at putting this layout together. Being I've been in the fall mode I wanted to use more spring and summer colors to mix it up a bit!!


The second card is from Lisa at The Craft's Meow who started this FANTASTIC challenge called.... Challenge for a Sunday Afternoon!! I played along and WON the prize for that week.... she was so nice to give me the card she made for her
challenge which was to use any items you have on your craft table that can be added to your card! Isn't Lisa's card just darling? I LOVE the lace and bright red!! Pop in for a visit and check out her challenges... she has Mr. Linky so we can all share!! :)

Thanks for popping in and taking a look... I'm going to blog surf now and catch up on every one's SWEET eye candy! Have a nice evening and ENJOY!!

SMILES.... Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Best Yet and Flower Filled Paper: SU! Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Whisper White, DP (SU! Delicate Dots) Ink: SU! Certainly Celery and Basic Black Other: Nesties, silver pearls (Michael's), ribbon SU! twill, scallop scissors, paper piercing, dimensionals, flower rhinestones (?), etc.

14 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, Michelle, I love those gorgeous blingy flowers!

Emily said...

I had to smile when I saw your card and then read your post. I have a whole bunch of those rhinestone flowers sitting around too! I think they came with a number of different stamps I bought in the hot spot bin at Archiver's. Anyhow, I love how they look on your card! Great color choice too. That card you got for being the winner on the new challange is very cute. I love her red and white paper. I clicked to see the stamp you won and now I can't wait to see what you do with that cute image. Sorry to hear about the funeral but hope you found some solace in your crafting.
We set a record down here in Madison for the coolest average temps in the month of July. Our average temp was 71 degrees. That's perfectly fine with me. Wish it would stay like that through August but could we get that lucky? I never look forward to the hot humid 90's of August in Wisconsin. We have lucked out with missing lots of bad storms too. They went north or south of us for the most part this spring.

Cathrine said...

This is very pretty - I like the flower gems with it.

Riet said...

Wowwww Michelle,what a beautiful cards,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oh, so pretty cards! Lovely papers and details!
Hugs, Elena

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!! These are so stunning Michelle!! I love those fun flower gems!! HUGS

Rachel B said...

Love your Bling Flowers! Way cool, and your red card is very pretty!

I have a little something for you on my blog here

http://rcbogner.blogspot.com/2009/07/have-to-share-with-world.html

Rachel B

LeAnne said...

Verrrrry pretty! And lucky you!! I will check out that challenge!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love the use of the rhinestones for the flowers. I have some of those but I have never used them.

What a nice card to receive. The red monochromatic is so appropriate for the theme.

laurie said...

Terrific cards!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your mojo is working overtime Michelle! This card is wonderful! I love the rhinestone flowers... you know me, a bit of bling is always a good thing! The entire look of this card is soft and sweet... just lovely. (sigh)

Thanks for giving my card and my challenge a shout out! You are a great friend!

Hugs and smiles!
Lisa

Deb Rymer said...

The gem flowers really pop, Michelle! And I really love the layout and the dp you've selected.

And yes, I did miss you!

Shelley said...

Like you, Emily and Susan, I too have these rhinestone flowers! I've used them once or twice. I love what you did with them! I need to get back into challenges....I'm not getting anything done! I just finished the last "requirement" of the summer. Now I have free time! At least for a solid week!

Glad you're back!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

OOOOoooh I love this pretty flower card ... just so sweet!!! Hope you are enjoying your stamping ... cos I can see you have been busy!! Off to check out more of your creations!!! Stampin' Hugs, Andrea xxx