Sunday, October 26, 2008

Burr... Snowman Card to Share!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! It sure is going fast. We have windy and wet snow flurries today in central Minnesota. First I want to "THANK" Alberta for helping me with a few computer details, being I'm new in blog-land. Check out her blog as she has such fun cards and ideas to share!! :)

I had a chance to get into my stamping room on Saturday... yeah!! :) I made a few Christmas card. The next few post will be the ones I worked on. Enjoy! This card was inspired by a "WoolRich Tag" that I took off a fleece vest I purchased. I thought this would be a fun layout for a card. In the photo I have the flap tacked down with 2-sided tape. I added the candy cane ribbon to give it a tab to open. The snowman art is from Target a couple years ago in the $1 spot. (I'm using up all the fun items I purchase and never use... have you been there!?) :) The black is the pop for me on this card. Plus I used my Marvy Square Scallop punch... I love that tool!

This is the fun part when you open the flap... Hee! Embossed in SU! white embossing powder.

Let me know what you think! It's always fun hearing from visitors. Thanks for taking the time to look and as always "Stamp and Smile"!! See you soon...


Michelle :)

Stamps: Studio "G" ($1 stamps Michael's)
Paper: SU! Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, DP American Crafts
Ink: Color Box White Pigment Ink
Accessories: Marvy Square Scallop Punch, SU! White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Dimensionals, paper Piercing, SU! black brad, Ribbon (Target $1 Spot), Snowman art (Target $1 Spot a couple years ago.)

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Hey Michelle,

I'm glad I was able to help you with one of your adventures in blog-land. :)

This card is so cute. I love the flap. I'm a sucker for extra openings and such on a card.

BTW - Thanks for the mention on your blog.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Michelle, this is just fabulous! Love the flap, the ribbon tab,the way you used an old item (I'm totally into that LOL!) and it's all just perfectly brought together with your magic touch! Love it!

luvthatstampin said...

I think you were very creative. I love the tibbon as a tab.

Robin