Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Browns & Pinks... O'My!!

Right now we're having a major winter storm going through the area. The wind is picking up and the temps are dropping... Burr!! (I have my long johns ready!) On a positive note it's GREAT STAMPING WEATHER!! :)

Last night I had Julie's SU! card class!! We made lovely cards and lots of "girl-talk" with good friends! So FUN... :) So this card was started at class. As I was looking at the sample card, my mind was going crazy on adding a white scallop edge around the oval, using my silver pearls, CB embossing on the Chocolate Chip oval, adding a Regal Rose layer, and adding Pearl White Lumiere to the butterflies... Plus I just had to use my NEW Martha Stewart butterfly punch. Julie has such fun fresh ideas and techniques to share!!

Enjoy everyone! I'm hopping you are staying warm, dry and stamping tonight... we need our therapy.. He! Thanks for the visits and lovely comments... greatly appreciated surfers :)

Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Elegant Thank You, SU! Jumbo Wheel (Daisy Dash) Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette Other: SU! Word Window, 1 3/8" square, Horizontal Slit punches, scallop scissors, MS butterfly punch, CB Embossing (Floral Fantasy), flat silver and white pearls (Michael's), Pink Pirouette ribbon, silver cording, SU! rub-on, dimensionals, Pearl White Lumiere, etc.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the way you changed up the card, Michelle! Mine is in pieces, waiting for it's own metamorphasis! Haha! Stay cozy in this storm! You gotta love Minnesota!

Lynn Put said...

This is so pretty! The embossed oval with the butterflies and flower image are lovely!
Stay safe and warm during your snow storm!

Debbie Pamment said...

Adorable card Michelle - love all the little things you did to make it your own!
Hope your weather improves soon!!
Lotsaluv xXx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.........Choc chip is just the greatest color! I am in southwest Minnesota so we had nasty weather today too - and tomorrow it is going to be really cold (shiver)

Terry Molineux said...

Michelle....this card is gorgeous....love the added touch with the pearls and the silver pearls. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hello my snowbound friend. It sounds like the second half of winter is in full swing. At least you can stay in a stamp! I'm glad you got to go to Julie's card class... I know you were worried you'd get snowed out (or in?).

This is such a cool card... very different... lots of nice touches. Your creations always amaze me.

Well, the non-raffle is finally up on SCS... check it out!

Big hugs dear friend,
Lisa

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Snow storm!?! It's supposed to be spring! Well, hopefully it will pass quickly and melt even faster.

This has so many interesting details on it. Nice!

Bev said...

Michelle this is just stunning sweetie, love the colours and amazing detail. x

Shelley said...

Yummy is right! Love the card and all the great elements. Did you use your scissors on this scallop edge again? I'm guessing yes. You are a wizard with those scissors!

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty! Love the layout and the colour combo! That SU rub-on is perfect on that card!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love the color combination too!! It's so warm. OH my snow storm?! *brr* I want spring:-))Here in germany it's raining and bleak weather.
Wish you a creative day,
hugs Anja

Shirley said...

What a really gorgeous card! The colors are so rich and the images are so Lovely!!!

Ann said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, embossing, and butterflies!