Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thinking of you... and Christmas Wishes from Cooper!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Yes, I'm strange... I post a butterfly card right before the holidays! Ha... I just don't have a holiday card to share quite yet. Or is it that we're in for a major winter snowstorm and I'm thinking spring! 16(+)" expected in this area. We were going to leave for my folks to celebrate on Christmas Eve, but we have to push that off till Saturday. Southern, MN is expected to have much more... so Mark and I will have a quiet Christmas! This will be different for both of us as we always travel.
My butterfly card was inspired from a Paper Crafts Magazine. I REALLY like how it turned out!! :) Do you remember this SU! Stipple Butterfly stamp from years back? I made two cards... Diane and Lisa (The Craft's Meow) for there birthdays! Check out Lisa's blog for some fantastic inspiration!! I used my brayer on Glossy Card Stock to create the background behind the butterfly... using a post-it I punched a circle to mask off an area to create the sun.
The Butterfly is embossed in black and using my blender pen and ink pads I started coloring in the areas. I used a couple shades of SU! markers directly to the image also. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Now, Cooper would like to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS"!! He feels left out on my blogging experiences and wanted to pose for this photo and give some Christmas cheer to you all!!

Here's my baby... :)





Have a safe, warm, and enjoyable Christmas!! I'll be spending some "long-over-due-time" catching up on your wonderful posts and creative cards... :) Thanks for popping in for a visit!

SMILES and Merry Christmas!

Michelle :)

17 comments:

Ann said...

Heehee! Cooper is ADORABLE!!! And I love your bright and cheery butterfly card! We may be traveling through an ice storm tomorrow...pray that we make it there in one piece! Merry Christmas!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your yellow coloring is gorgeous. I like the scene you created for your butterfly.

Good luck getting through the snowstorm ok.

Your dog is adorable in his reindeer antlers.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Fabulous cards and I love the picture of your Cooper. BTW, we have a lab named Copper! Too funny! Have a wonderful holiday!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

WOW! That is an AWESOME card! Love how vibrant it is! Enjoy a quiet Christmas with your sweetheart! :-)

Mary said...

What a beautiful card, Michelle! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

It's a very beautiful card, Michelle.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year, my friend.
Hugs
Helena

Emily Leiphart said...

Aw, Cooper is adorable! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Michelle. :D

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,i love your image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Merry Christmas!
Hugs Riet.xx

Emily said...

Wow! Awesome butterfly! Very pretty card Michelle.

Love your picture of Cooper too:)

We are getting freezing rain here right now and the snow will start later tonight after that is done. Roads will be treacherous. We still have about 15 inches of snow on the ground from our last storm. We had to postpone having our kids over today to Saturday if the roads have cleared by then. I am keeping warm with Chais and the new spicy curry hot chocolate that I blogged about. We had to cancel our trip to my Mother's house which is about 2 1/2 hours north of Madison. We'll go up on New Year's Day instead. Have a great Christmas and a very happy New Year!

Paula Barin said...

Michelle, your card is so beautiful... so bright and cheery.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Take care traveling in all that snow! We don't have any yet.
Merry Christmas.

laurie said...

I LOVE Cooper! Merry Christmas to you..and I hope your travels go well. We may venture over to Perham today...unless it is just too bad out there.

Rachel B said...

Michelle, This is so cool! I love that butterfly card. It is so BEAUTIFUL! I wish I had that grass stamp. So cool with the scene! Cooper looks so cute! I hope you are able to get out of the house soon.

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card! Your friend looks like he has mixed emotions about that picture!

Terry Molineux said...

Michelle....love the card but....I love Cooper more. How adorable...and he even poses!

How did you fare up with the snow? New York (Long Island) received 20-24 inches....but it was light snow so believe or not was easier to shovel...thank goodness because I am really out of shape and I have a handcapped sister leaving three doors away that I had to shovel out too! When we were finished we went into the livingroom with a small heater (we finished our basement and made that our livingroom and it's a little chilly down there)we all fell asleep for awhile LOL

Lynn Put said...

Oh Cooper is adorable, lol! So cute!
I hope your Christmas was good.
Your butterfly card is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I love the sunny yellow its so cheerful to see this time of year!
TFS

Kathi said...

What an awesome card, so pretty and bright! Your brayering is beautiful, I really need to do more of that!

Love the pic of Cooper in his reindeer ears! I've got several shots of our GR Dusty in his ears too! They are such good sports aren't they?

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Awwwwww, look at Cooper! What a good boy letting Mommy dress him up with goofy reindeer ears!!! I love it! LOL!!! I just want to reach out and hug him! Avery would love him, too. Give ole Cooper a big belly scratch from his pal Lisa.

And here's another of my TREASURED cards. I never get tired at looking at this masterpiece. It is STUNNING.