Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend to Friend... and Cooper!

Morning and happy Monday! Well, I must say the weekend flew by so fast and with such nice weather it's hard to be on the computer... LOL!

I made this card for a friend of mine (Hi Diane!) over my Stampin' weekend. Petra came with all this BEAUTIFUL DP from Anchor Paper and she asked if I would like a piece... I HAD SUCH A BIG SMILE AND SAID "YES"!! It matches Kiwi Kiss so well and being we were sharing I asked Sherri if I could use her CB embossing folder. I don't have this one yet, but it's on my list!! This gave my the chance to CHASE a card from Nancy at iStamp who used Beate's Sketch Challenge. I decide to create a flower using my 5 petal Flower, Boho Blossoms and Scallop circle punches. Add the Filigree designer brad for the center. Love the Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss combo... :)

I just had to share a couple photo's of Cooper who was groomed this past week. He's a new MAN now and enjoys the girls at the Four Legged Lodge. I just LOVE his soft coat after a bath... doesn't last long! Cooper is 4 1/2 years old and an outside dog mostly, but does venture into the foyer to enjoy the evenings with us or sleeping through the night when it's to cold or to hot. In the first photo he is watching the bird feeders from the "Observation" Deck...
The second photo I think he is getting sick of me taking photo's of him... I'm getting that LOOK! Thanks for poppin' in for a visit and the weather will be GORGEOUS here today... ENJOY!!

Smiles... Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Pocket Silhouettes, Polka Dot Punches Paper: SU! Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, DP (Anchor Paper) Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip Other: SU! 5 Petal Flower, Scallop Circle, Boho Blossom, and Word Window Punches,
Filigree Designer Brad, Baja Breeze ribbon, CB embossing
folder (?), Scallop scissors, dimensionals, paper piercing, sponge, etc.

21 comments:

Paula Barin said...

oohh, I love this card. The DP is very pretty and the embossing is a nice background for it.
Cooper is beautiful, love his colouring. The second photo looks like he's saying "enough already!"
:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cooper is so handsome.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Michelle!! Love your fun furry friend too!! :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous card! Love everything about it!
Your dog is beautiful! There are days when I miss having a dog.

Diane Davis said...

What a lucky friend I am to have received this card in the mail from you! I will keep it forever!
Cooper is a GORGEOUS dog!

LeAnne said...

Sweet! Love this card and Cooper too!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Awesome card, Michelle! I thought you had stamped that background... what cool paper! I just love Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze together.

Cooper looks handsome and rather regal. Nice pictures! What a happy man he must be, living the good life with you and Mark.

I'm so glad you're having nice weather. Savor and smile!

Hugs,
Lisa

jacque4u2c said...

Cooper is adorable - my co-workers baby is due this week and that is the chosen name. Cooper. How neat!

Absolutely love the card. You always pick the most amazing color schemes!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

That IS terrific patterned paper for the background. I LOVE kiwi kiss so I would like any paper that coordinates with it. I also realy love it with baja. What a terrific card you made.

What a cutie Cooper is. He looks very sweet. I also get that, "mommmy, enough already with the camera" look from my cats.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Michelle!!! Love
how you worked this Sketch!!!

Your puppy is soooo cute!!! ~TFS~

Ann said...

Michelle, this card is absolutely fabulous! I love that dp and the embossed panel, and it's such a great color combo!

Cute pics of your pup, too! ;)

Robin L Greenslade said...

Michelle -

Your stamping style is so clean, I love it! Your work is exquisite. Thank you for sharing that beautiful card. Love the kiwi kiss and blue together, its one of my favorite color combinations.

Cooper is totally handsome. My cats don't quite agree as they sniff the pc screen and turn their heads, but my lil beagle girl - she thinks she might just be in love.

Happy Monday!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great card! Love your Cooper!

laurie said...

Oh I LOVE Cooper! I lost my retriever last year... 14 years old. Cooper looks like such a nice dog.

I really like the texture from the CB folder and the colors go so well together!

Alberta said...

Love how you pulled the colors together - so lovely!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!! Love the dp and that five petal flower is gorgeous!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! Don't you love when you find some DP and it matches perfectly with some cardstock!!
Copper is so handsome!!!

Terry Molineux said...

Michelle....your dog is gorgeous!!! and so well behaved that he'll sit still for a photo, some kids do not even do that! LOL
Your card is gorgeous too and love how the paper matches Kiwi Kiss. I'll be sorry to see that go..

Shelley said...

Cooper is so cute! What a well behaved boy getting his picture taken! I'm glad you posted him.

The card is just darling. I really like the DP. I see you used the Cuttlebug embossing folder we've talked about. The flower is fab, too!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love the colors on your card, Michelle...sooo fresh and bright!!! Love the paper and the bugged background. Cooper is such a beautiful furry friend...what a gorgeous coat and sweet face!!!