Sunday, June 7, 2009

SC231... Double Dose!

Morning!! Happy Sunday and I hope your weekend is going well, warm and sunny... :) We don't have the warm and sun here, but it's a great day! Yesterday we had a graduation party to attend so didn't have any time to stamp till last night.

I decided to tackle SC231 over at SplitCoast. I had a couple ideas so I have a "double dose" to share with you!!! My first card is using the ever so popular Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, and Kiwi Kiss colors. This is the first time I used this CUTIE PATOOTIE bird and I hope the wings are in the right position. I looked in the SU! catty to see a sample, but didn't find it right away and was to tired to keep looking... LOL! :) I added a brown button for a fun accent. Wrapped Baja Breeze ribbon around the card and decided not to tie a bow to keep the focus on the bird and embossed background.

My second card I used DP for the 3 panels, my Top Note Die, and found this twill ribbon that has "Happy Everything!" printed on it. I decided to create a star medallion. Added silver pearls to the top corners. Plus sponging around the edges!

Well, I'm off to help the hubby work on the utility shed in my long johns... He, he! Have a super day and thanks for the sweet comments... truly enjoy them ALL!

SMILES.... Michelle :)

Card #1
Stamps: Scrappy Cat Paper: SU! Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss Ink: SU! Baja Breeze (Sponge edges of bird), Craft Whisper White Other: Nesties Label 1, SU! Little Leaves and Birds & Blooms dies, SU! button, SU! Baja Breeze 5/8" striped, twine, SU! detail White EP, demensionals, etc.

Card #2
Stamps: NONE Paper: SU! Wild Wassabi, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, DP (We R Memory Keepers) Ink: SU! Creamy Carmel & Close to Cocoa (Sponge Edges) Other: SU! 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle punches, small and large star punches, CB Tiny Bubbles folder, silver star (WalMart), twill ribbon (?), dimensionals, silver pearls (Michael's), SU! Top Note die, sponges, etc.

21 comments:

Paula Barin said...

Awesome cards, Michelle. Keep warm!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Love' em both! That first color combo is so wonderful - sad to see those In Colors retire!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Michelle!! Both of these cards are just fab!! I love the layout change ups you did!! Very clever designs on both!! ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, love your colors!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Michelle,l love the papers and colours.

ZO MOOI...
Hugs Riet.x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Happy Sunday to you, too, Michelle! What great cards you've created. I can't decide which I like best... I think it's a tie! I keep forgetting to use my die cut bird and my top note die... when will I finally get the hint??? LOL

Nice job stamping the leaves with the paper lined up and then positioning them apart. I've seen it done with a single piece of cardstock that was stamped and cut apart, but this is much more interesting! On the second card, I love the way you did your star medallion... so many details that make it super special!

I hope you get some warm sunshine and your utility shed project done soon. We're still enjoying cooler than usual temps out here, which I am savoring.

Hugs and smiles,
Lisa

Steph said...

Michelle, All I can say is wow. I love your cards. The panels effect is very fun. And your mojo monday card is just beautiful. I really love the colors and the DS paper. Excellent:)

Alberta said...

Totally diggin' your color choices. Great cards! Especially love the texture and shape of the #2. Awesome job!

Debbie Pamment said...

Am loving both of these cards Michelle - but must admit your cutie patootie bird stole my heart!! Love the button accent and the colours are perfect!
Big hugs and xXx

Rachel B said...

Oh to have cool weather, it was in the 90's here today :( ... I love your cards, especially your first card. I love the white stamped image on the colored background.

laurie said...

I LOVE that star medallion! Awesome cards.

I'm glad to see your fingers are not frozen from our COLD weather so that you can still stamp! I am hoping things get warmer soon, I bring my flowers in...then I put them out..bring them in... On a positive note..at least we didn't get SNOW!

Ann said...

WOW!!! These cards are awesome! LOVE the colors on the first one!

LeAnne said...

Very cool cards! I love this layout--my favorite layouts usually have elements in threes!!! I don't know why I never do star cutouts like yours...I just never think of doing it and it looks so cool. Someday I will!

Emily said...

These are both great cards Michelle, but that birdie is sooo sweet! Love the embossing over the panels on that card too along with the great choice of colors. Your star medallion on the second card is awesome!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Michelle! Love the colours on your first one and the white ink looks FABULOUS! Love the little nest you created too!!

The second card is so rich in color and texture...love it!

Deb Rymer said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! Love your use of the DP in #1 - carrying the pattern from panel to panel. And your star embellishment in the second really pops. PS - when I read posts like this - I am thankful to be living further south. Hope you stay warm!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both gorgeous Michelle!! So different with the same sketch!! I now have to get the birds and blooms die. Too cute!! Love the star and dp on your second card. Gorgeous colors!

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - these are toooo gorgeous card!!! You rocked the Sketch GF!!! I'll be showing mine off tomorrow *wink*!!

Chat Noir said...

Hi Michell, love those embossed panels.... I'm off to try something with that idea. Your cards are always so clean and the details fine and precise. I love looking at them and getting inspiration.

Lots of love

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love how the leaf image continues perfectly on each colored panel on the first card. And I do love that combo. I think the bird looks great.

The second card is so fun with the bubble embossing coordinating with your spotted paper.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! Michelle! I especiallly love no. 1! You are so clever the way you put your cards together! Hugs, Andrea xxx