Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CC199... Happiness!

Tonight I had a chance to stamp and I decided to do the SCS CC199 challange. The colors this week are So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy and Handsome Hunter. Well, I must confess... I have no Bravo Burgundy and Handsome Hunter ink or paper! Yes, I know I need to get with the program, right? Well, I'm a person that uses up the old before the NEW. So I used Baroque Burgundy and Forest Foliage. (I hope the SCS police doesn't come after me!) He.. He!! :)

I had to use my Top Note die again. Such a fun tool! I did enjoy using the 3 colors together and wanted to create an aged Victorian card. With adding textures, distressing, paper piercing, etc. I found some 3/8" gold brads that worked for my flower center!

Enjoy! Pop back in as I'll have a card to share for New Years Eve!! Thanks for stopping and the visit!!!!

Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs, Heard from the Heart. Paper: SU! So Saffron, Baroque Burgundy, Forest Foliage, Chocolate Chip, DP (DCWV) Ink: SU! creamy Caramel, So Saffron Accessories: SU! Top Note, CB embossing folder (Textile), 3/8" gold brad, silk flowers, SU! Handsome Hunter embossing powder, Versa Mark, paper piercing, sponge, etc.

5 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This was a fun post to read! Love the part about the SCS police coming to get ya, lol!
Your card is fabulous! It does look old fashion/victorian looking and I love the embossing and flowers you added!

Have a Happy New Years!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Fantastic job with this colour challenge Michelle - your card is stunning! I love the way you combine the Top Note die in your cards - I only hope we get it here in the new catalogue. I think it's so versatile.

Alberta said...

Gorgeous Card - the color play so well together especially in your chose layout. The flower looks as if it was made just for this card. Great job!

Shirley said...

Talk about being busy!! I love this card, from the unique stamped backgrounds to the embossed area and that really wonderful flower!

Nancy said...

WOW, this is stunning!!