Monday, July 13, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #26

Hi Everyone!! Blogger was giving me troubles earlier trying to upload my photo... so here I am now! Today's card is inspired by Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #26. I haven't used my Thoughts & Prayers set in a while and decided to use fall colors for this card. Karen's sketch layout is for a square card, but I decided to use the standard size instead. Change it up a little!! :) This is the first time I used my Nestie Labels Four dies also.

Autumn is stamped in Craft Chocolate Chip and clear embossed. Then I did some sponging, embossed the heads of my LARGE gold brads with Classy Cooper EP. The Vintage Cream cardstock (which is what the image is stamped on.) is from Papertrey Ink and the Ocean Tides Twill ribbon is also. Thanks to Diane "who is such a sweetie" for letting me sample some of PTI cardstock and ribbon!! (Wink) ;)

Hope you enjoy! I'm getting in to the fall colors and not sure why I'm pushing it.. LOL! Have a fabulous day and take sometime out of your day to stamp. Tonight I have Julie's Open House to kick off the NEW SU! catty... can't wait!! Thanks for popin' in... LOVE it when you do!

Smiles... Michelle :)

Stamps: SU! Thoughts & Prayers, Season by Season Paper: SU! More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Vintage Cream (PTI), DP (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: SU! Markers Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Ruby Red, Really Rust, More Mustard, SU! Craft Chocolate Chip, Creamy Carmel Other: Nesties Labels Four, sponge, SU! Classy Copper EP, (PTI) Ocean Tides Twill ribbon, large brads (OfficeMax), dimensionals, SU! Clear Embossing Powder, etc.

29 comments:

laurie said...

So funny! I just dug out my thoughts and prayers set last nite, too! I made a bunch of sympathy and get well cards for our stash at work. Love that label die...awesome fall card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is lovely. The sponging around the edges of your die really add to the autumnal feel. Isn't it funny how we tend to rush the seasons in our card making yet are so sad when the season we are in actually ends. I want summer to last a lot longer personally.

Ann said...

Ohhh, Michelle, the colors on this card are fabulous!!! Makes me long for fall!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful your die is just perfect for that stamp.

Steph said...

This is super cute. I love the fall colors. I really like that tree. Fall is my favorite time of year. Gorgeous card:)

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card Michelle!! Brilliant design and such lovely papers!! ;) HUGS

Silke Ledlow said...

Michelle - this is a beautiful *fall* card!!! Hugs ~S~

jacque4u2c said...

So elegant and stunning!

Emily said...

What a beautiful Autumn card Michelle! That DP is awesome! Love how you colored your tree and mounted to the card. At first I thought whoa, too early for autumn cards, but then I remembered that I just pulled out a bunch of my Xmas stamps and thought I'd better get going with some cards for Xmas. So I guess it's just fine for you to push Autumn now:)))

Rachel B said...

Michelle: I am loving this card. I am really drawn to the 'autumn' color palette myself so this is right up my alley! You did a beautiful job. TFS the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I got this tree from Decor Elements for my wall and can't wait to put it up!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Michelle,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Debbie Pamment said...

I love this tree and what you've done with it here is gorgeous!! Great fall colours - and you've teamed it with a fab DP too!!
I love these nesties too - I'm sure we'll see you use them a lot more - but will they take over from your Top Note?!?!?! LOL

Have a great time at the catty launch - have checked it out and there's a touch of jealousy here in Oz over some of your new stuff! But you enjoy them and we'll hope to get them soon!!!

Big hugs and xXx

LeAnne said...

Love this, Michelle! I am into fall colors now too---I think I need to force myself to stamp something bright & cheerful! Love your DP with this image--just perfect!

Chat Noir said...

Hi Michelle,

this is such a graceful tree image... and I love the vintage look you've created by sponging the edges and of course your autumn colours.

Have to "borrow" this stamp next time I'm at Debbies....my wish list is too long already!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I love the fall colors and all the different colored leaves!

Sharnee Torrents said...

WOW Michelle this is gorgeous, I love the leaves, amazing, the paper background and those cool brads!! Simply beautiful!! Well done :0)

Nancy Riley said...

Yummy autumn colors! GORGEOUS!

Paula Barin said...

Pretty card, Michelle. I love the DP. THe summer is slipping by fast and before you know it the colours of autumn will be here!

dolcreations said...

A real fall card! Very nicely done. I love the distressing you have done around the edges as well.
Christine

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely! Fall is my favorite time of year and I love all the fall colors you used!

Alberta said...

Absolutely lovely. Great color selection - they make me think fondly of my favorite season.

Emily Leiphart said...

Very pretty! I love autumn colours and you coloured the leaves to match the dp perfectly.

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!! I love the colors and the designer paper. I am still in summer mode. I haven't even thought of Autumn yet:) I love what you created!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I saw this earlier, but forgot to comment. Wowzer! You have done some amazing work with that stamp set, and this is no exception. Now you're making me long for fall. That's when I'll come alive again.

Love ya!
Lisa

Karen Giron said...

WOW! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way that looks. Fabulous card!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! Lovely image and paper.
Hugs, Elena

Karen Motz said...

This is SO pretty Michelle! Love the colours and you created a perfect mat for your image...bravo!

Ruby said...

Another beauty Michelle! I love the colours of it, they all work so well together. Fab!! :o)